Our cape cod bed & breakfast was built in 1849 when the horse and buggy were the main means of transportation and as we know that time has changed. The circular driveway that surrounds Captain’s Manor Inn is marked at the front of the entrance and exit by large pink granite pillars and a wrought iron fence. The pillars were plenty wide enough for a horse and buggy but certainly not for the SUV’s and trucks that adorn the roads today. So following a presentation to the historical commission we received permission to move the inner most granite pillar on the entrance and the exit areas of the driveway by one foot to help make our guests access easier. Today the work is underway to move the pillars ….
April 12th, 2010 by insideout