Overnight Blueberry French Toast Bake
The overnight blueberry french toast bake is a new recipe that was added in 2017 and has quickly become a guest favorite. One of the beautiful things about this recipe is that you can prepare this recipe for your family and friends a day before a special event. By prepping a day ahead you do not have to be stressed while putting the finishing touches on whatever other preparations you have to do.
1 1/2 loaves French Bread cut into cubes
2 ounces cream cheese
2 ounces mascapone cheese
1 Tablespoon milk
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 teapoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup maple sugar
Dickinson’s Lemon Curd (for topping glaze once browned on top)
- Spray an 8-x-8 inch casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Spread half of the French Bread cubes in an even layer over the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Mix together cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, milk, and powdered sugar until well combined. Mixture should be somewhat thick and not watery. Add more powdered sugar if mixture seems too thin. Pour over bread cubes and sprinkle with blueberries.
- Add remaining bread cubes over the top.
- Combine 1 cup milk, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and syrup. Pour mixture over bread cubes and sprinkle with additional blueberries. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove casserole from fridge 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and bake covered for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until the center is set.
- During the last 10-15 minutes of baking time, spread the Dickinson’s lemon curd on the top of the blueberry bake. Serve casserole with warm syrup if desired.