Welcome to The Captain’s Manor Inn. We appreciate that you have chosen The Captain’s Manor Inn a historic property located in the charming village of Falmouth, MA, Cape Cod for your getaway. Below we have provided a list of policies and procedures for all who stay with us during this time. We request all our guests to review and follow to ensure the health and safety of all, guests, staff, and us, the Innkeepers. This is a very difficult time with Covid-19 and we have all been adjusting to a very new way of socializing, distancing, etc.
We have included a list of practices that we have implemented throughout the property to protect all who visit and again, our staff. In our ongoing effort to provide a safe environment for our guests the staff and ourselves we will be following all the guidelines in accordance with the state of Massachusetts and Governor Baker regarding wearing masks, changing gloves, distancing and other measures as detailed below. During these times there are no certainties thus we will be updating and making changes to these procedures and policies accordingly.
***Any questions or concerns regarding the rules in MA please visit https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-updates-and-information#regulations-&-guidance
Thank you for your understanding and your participation with the policies as we work together to Stay Healthy and Enjoy Life during this unprecedented time in history.
- Luggage-upon arrival stop at the luggage drop, leave bags and park the car. Please do not roll bags through the parking lot.
- Check in and check out will be Contactless. All payments are completed online, purchases of items for sale will be posted to the credit card on file and the receipt will be emailed.
- Prior to arrival, guests will be notified about what to expect on their arrival day, the location of their room, housekeeping choices, items available (i.e. irons, hairdryers, etc.)
that have been removed from the rooms due to Covid-19, breakfast service, and any other instructions pertinent to their stay. The goal is to ensure transparency throughout the guest stay.
- Arrival Day- The room sanitized key will be in a sealed envelope at reception. Any additional instructions not covered previously will be provided.
- Innkeepers and staff will be present with masks on and will maintain safe distancing practices at all times to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests and to respond to any questions regarding the area, their visit, recommendations as well as any procedures in place for Covid-19. Guests will be expected to wear face masks and follow all procedures as noted on signage throughout the property. Masks will not be required when eating.
- Upon check-out, guest may leave the key in a basket at reception as they depart.
- Signage will be near all entrances & common areas describing the required use of masks, social distancing, hand washing, sanitizing stations. The public restroom will be closed, use of private guest bathroom required by all guests.
- Hand sanitizers will be available throughout all common areas indoors/outdoors.
- The common area ice maker will no longer be available for guests. Ice must be requested by guest and will be provided by staff member or innkeeper.
- Self-serve stations for coffee, tea, lemonade, ice water will remain closed. Bottled water will continue to be available. The use of our café is strictly prohibited.
- All outside seating will be distanced. The chairs & cushions will be cleaned and sanitized after each use.
- All door knobs, stair rails, and contacted surfaces will be sanitized throughout the day.
We ask guests not use the packaged wipes in the guest rooms to clean the wood furniture as the alcohol will ruin the furniture. We are taking extra precautions to ensure wood surface furniture is properly cleaned.
- A 48-hour buffer (2 days) between stays.
- A deep clean of each guest room will occur at the end of every guest stay. One person per room cleaning and one person will remain for the duration.
- To ensure the safety of our guests, housekeeping will not enter the guest room during your stay.
Special arrangements can be made should housekeeping be needed. Longer visits will require housekeeping; this will be arranged prior to arrival.
- Fresh towels will be provided daily and left at guest door in a closed bag.
- Trash bags will be provided daily at guest door and we request guest to leave used at the door.
- Any items needed, please request from Innkeeper or staff person.
- All bed linens and laundry are washed in accordance with the CDC guidelines. All surfaces in rooms have been sanitized/disinfected.
- Guest rooms are closed and locked upon completion of the cleaning process to prevent entry prior to next guest arrival.
- Four pillows will remain in the guest rooms. Additional pillows, blankets, throws are available upon request.
- All non-essential material has been removed from the guest rooms. Pen, paper guide books, maps are available upon request.
- Beach towels, parking passes, ferry tickets are available upon request.
- We request guests to place their closed trash outside their door daily.
Breakfast & Food Items & Time:
- Breakfast will have specified seating times.
- Beverage self service will not be available. Beverages will be brought to each guest table, tables will not be pre-set, all utensils, glasses, mugs will be brought to the table.
- The menu for breakfast will be posted on the chalkboard daily for the coming day.
- Any food restrictions require advance notification and preferably prior to arrival to ensure we have adequately prepared.
- Guest daily treats will be placed in sealed bags at the guest room door.
Cancellation policy information.
Due to the issues with Covid-19 all reservations made prior to the closure of MA will receive a full refund. Reservations made after the opening of the State of MA will be provided subject to existing situations throughout the country. Should you feel ill, please notify us immediately or if you have been exposed to anyone with Covid-19 in the past 14 days please contact us. With the ever-changing times and environment, we are working together to do everything possible to maintain the safety of our guests, staff and The Captain’s Manor Inn. Please email us or contact us via telephone regarding any questions or concerns.
Please stay safe, remain positive.
Randy & Pattie Laubhan
The Captain’s Manor Inn